5 Feb 2013 at 07:07
The Valero Memphis Refinery originally was constructed in 1941 with numerous expansions to its present rated capacity of 195,000 barrels per day (BPD) of light, low-sulfur crude oil. Since the refinery's acquisition in 2005, Valero has invested more than $245 million upgrading it to a modern and highly efficient facility. Crude oil is supplied to the refinery through the Capline Pipeline and can also be transported, along with other feedstocks, by barge. Products primarily are distributed via truck-loading racks at three product terminals, barges, and a pipeline directly to the Memphis airport.